Daniel’s practice consists of high-stakes defamation litigation and crisis counseling. He has tried dozens of cases to verdict and secured a string of victories for clients across five continents.
These include obtaining a $28 million verdict on behalf of a venture capitalist falsely accused of fraud, architecting a defense verdict for a large national retailer subjected to a nationwide smear campaign, and delivering dismissals and not guilty verdicts in criminal cases as counsel for the falsely accused. Over the years, Daniel’s work has been featured in most major news publications and he has built a reputation as a formidable trial lawyer.
Outside of court, Daniel dedicates his time counseling clients facing unfair reputational attacks. Much of this work involves sensitive and confidential matters, and Daniel’s pre-publication efforts have targeted flawed reporting that never made it to print. He has also successfully removed false information from websites and secured a number of retractions, corrections, and public apologies from various newspapers and media companies.
Daniel’s track record and immersive approach to problem-solving make him a go-to advisor to high-net-worth individuals in crisis, general counsels facing existential threats, elected officials navigating contentious political attacks, and ordinary people in need of strategic guidance.
Daniel also provides pro bono services to tenants with abusive landlords and individuals falsely accused of criminal wrongdoing. Over the past ten years, he has advocated on behalf of marginalized people in coordination with the Innocence Project, the Legal Aid and Justice Center, the Virginia Indigent Defense Commission, Virginia Poverty Law Center, and Housing Opportunities Made Equal.
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- State of Nebraska
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Incoming President, Federal Bar Association, Northern Virginia Chapter.
- The Virginia Bar Association
- Civil Litigation Section Executive Committee
- Appellate Practice Section
- A New Tool for Creditors – A New Warning for Attorneys, The Virginia Lawyer (Aug. 2015)
- A Real Safe Harbor: The Long-Awaited Proposed FRCP Rule 37(e), Its Workings, and Its Guidance for ESI Preservation, The Federal Lawyer (Aug. 2015) (co-author)
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- Articles Editor, The Georgetown Law Journal
- Grand Jury Section Editor, Annual Review of Criminal Procedure (2005)
- Barristers’ Council, Mock Trial team
University of Nebraska, B.S.B.A., Business Management, with High Distinction, 2003
- Student Founder, Nebraska Mock Trial Program
Trial Attorney, Federal Programs Branch, U.S. Department of Justice, 2018-2021
Nominations Counsel, Office of Legal Policy, U.S. Department of Justice, 2020-2021
Partner, Redmon Peyton & Braswell, LLP, 2013-2018
Associate, Redmon Peyton & Braswell, LLP, 2007-2013
Associate, Hunton & Williams LLP (now Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP), 2006-2007